Unfortunately we are now closed until 12th December 2020.
Why Our Pub is Great
Perfectly located next to the Braehead Shopping Centre, and a stone’s throw from King George V Dock, The Steam Wheeler in Glasgow is proud to be a family friendly pub. Our menu, which was the first Marston’s menu in Scotland to include the now-legendary carvery, is full of quality options for young and old alike.
You can’t beat our carvery for taste and tradition. Three succulent roasted meats, heaps of seasonal veggies, plus Yorkshires, stuffing, and gravy. It’s the perfect Sunday dinner any day of the week! Big appetite? Choose a large carvery plate and score some extra helpings.
There really is something for every taste. If you don’t fancy meat, there’s a veggie option every day, and our light bites and Heavenly Salads will be sure to get tastebuds tingling. The fish in our fish ‘n’ chips is battered onsite using Marston’s own Pedigree ale batter. Talking of ale, our bar is stocked with a fine selection of beers, cask ales, ciders, and wines. And there are plenty of soft drinks, hot and cold.
Don’t forget the pudding menu, which is stuffed with classics old and new. We challenge you to finish a whole one!
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus